Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

Well im on day 17 now and it has gotten better but i also have my days when i think of him alot. But im not boo hoo crying anymore. He hasnt contacted me still am im honestly starting to lose hope. Is there anyone still doing NC or anyone who is done that can give me some encouragment? Do i even still have a chance..i figured he would’ve by now and it makes me feel like hes forgotten about me

P.s before no contact when he broke up with me i was constantly calling and texting him then he ignored me and thats when i came across this site to do NC..omg did i ruin everything

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hi, I am 23 days into my no contact and no you didn’t ruin everything. I was the same way before the break up too, after the break up he ignored my texts and I ran across this website. Ever since then he hasn’t texted me and he also has blocked me and 2 of my other friends on social media.

For right now just follow all the advice that is given to you on here. And when your 30 days are up you can either extend the no contact or decide to text him. But if you do decide to text him the worst thing he could do is ignore you, or even say he is over you. And if he does do that then text him something he can’t ignore.

Kiya92
    Participant

Thank you for your advice is it getting better for you? And if you dont mind me asking are you going to text him or are you going to continue? @Catherine8

catherine8
    Participant

I feel like I am better than I was 3 weeks ago, but everyday I lose hope that this could work. But I’m not sure if I am or not yet. He is very stubborn and ignore my texts the day after the break up and said we will not get together again, he also told a friend he “moved on” 2 weeks after. He blocked me and one of my friends on all social media too.

Anyways, just yesterday my other friend followed him on Instagram and 5 minutes after that he blocked her too. So it almost makes me feel like I reached out to him and he ignored me. It sounds kind of weird. So now it makes me feel like I screwed up the no contact I had. So I might extend it for a couple more days, maybe 10 more.

Kiya92
    Participant

Im so proud of you i know this is hard. I honestly feel the exact same way and i hate when people tell me to forget him. its frustrating especially when someone ignores you but keep strong. Mines is stubborn to and most of the time he sticks to what he says so idk if he will ever talk to me..but for you i think you have a chance because it didnt seem like yall had a bad fall out. Id say after your 30 days text him and see what happens..that whole moving on thing i think its a way to make you feel bad..

Kiya92
    Participant

Im still going through it but im trying to be strong i think he moved on and it makes my stomach cringe

catherine8
    Participant

Even if he has moved on it doesn’t mean you can’t make him have feelings for you again. Before you ever met him he never had a clue who you were and when you met you did something that made him have feelings for you. So just think of it that way, just be friendly and casual with him like the first time you met him. Show him the girl that made him like you.

patricia12
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2868

Your ex doesn’t want a relationship and asked to just be friends. You tried and couldn’t do it, so he said okay. He also said he didn’t love you as much as you loved him. Sounds like he’s finished, at least for now. If you can think of other things that made him leave you, work on those things to improve yourself. Did you ever meet his mom for lunch and if so, did she say anything about your past relationship with your ex? I know it hurts even more when you think of the happy times together, but try very hard to push those things out of your mind through distraction to other things in life. You’re doing great so far with no contact and try to continue that for at least two more weeks. He need time to reconsider things without any reminders of you.. such as texts or calls etc. Then send a simple happy text and take it from there. Good luck..

Kiya92
    Participant

@Patricia12 i needed that but yes i met with her and it went better than i expected she told me that if we are meant to be it will happen.. typical mom stuff she also told me that we were too clingy to each other that we shouldve let each other breathe butbreathe but i know she can only tell me so much. Its strange ill have days when he doesnt cross my mind then its days when im like omg i need to talk to him but your so right im going to keeo it going i dont want to text him until my emotions are ok to withstand him possibly not texting back

catherine8
    Participant

Hey its been a couple of days now, how have you been doing?

Kiya92
    Participant

@Catherine8 how did it go for you?.. i didnt realize you wrote me but im ok he ended up texting me..surprisingly after I ran into his parents at the store. I bet that had alot to do with it..but none the less he did text me and its been interesting we havent talked about what happened but im taking baby steps, i know he isnt ready for a relationship and honestly im not anymore with everything going on in my life..but anyways how is your situation going?

catherine8
    Participant

Well I decided to go 10 more days of NC. I didn’t feel ready yet and well recently I heard that my ex is talking to a girl but a lot of our friends don’t really like her so I don’t think it will last long.

But my close friends are getting me to go on this double date today. I really don’t know how I feel about it. I don’t have any feelings for the guy I’m going with, so I kind of feel bad for him. Like I’m still not over my ex, he was my first real relationship, so to start all over with someone else just feels really weird right now.

I guess I will see how this goes tonight and I will keep you updated about it.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Hiya, just to let you know I did NC for 3 months with my ex last year….we got back together. It does work!

However a year later, and hes had the same fears, and he broke up with me again. Day 3 no contact, here we go again :'(

catherine8
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about that. But it is good to know that even if you do no contact for more than 30 days, it will still work. Hopefully when your no contact is over your ex will have realized how much he has missed you.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

catherine8 that is true – I really hope this happens again. This time though, he has asked for longer than 3 months of no talking πŸ™ i was going to wait 5 months instead, just before christmas (christmas is always a romantic time πŸ˜‰ ) and maybe try then.

Its his birthday late august though – Im not sure whether to send him a message πŸ™

He still has our relationship on Facebook too – last time he put it straight down and this time he has left it up (i know I’m looking into things way too much/clinging onto things) πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.