Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Pingpong
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

thanks for your support guys and gals, i wish we all lived in the same place so we could all go out and help one another haha. But this board is still very efective.

But your right Fishingthesky, unforunately I dont have a clue if this is a rebound or not for me as this is the first break up my ex and i ever had. It’s just boggles me that she moved on so quickly but your right, we cant really do anything. But we will be ok! As we cant let this one obstacle stop us. Il llet you know if anything comes up but has you ex responded to your goodbye letter? I probably should consider writing one soon. Maybe send it out 1 or 2 months from now.

thanks palmtree, ill keep that in mind, as i most likely wont want to even know about whats going on with her and the new guy, will most likely just makes things worse if i read into it lol i am very glad that you are feeling much happier, im sure ill get happier as each day pass and probably wont hear from her anymore. I probably will do a letter like Fishinghteskys and send it to her with her belongings a month or two from now. We will all pull thru together πŸ™‚

a plus thing i did today was book an appointment to get my full sleeve tattoo done lol. Before i was scared and my ex kept telling me to get it , stop being a wimp lol But now I felt like screw it, what do i have to lose now. I always wanted one and i talked to the artist and booked it lol. I have 0 tattoos and will be doing my full arm within the first session. Will proabbly shock my ex if i ever see her lol. It’s a tattoo of a Dragon from my chest wrapping around my arm, and a picture of buddha on my shoulder. Since my ex and i broke up, i have been really following my buddhist religon and it is really helping my cope with it. It is really teaching me not hold onto bad thoughts, as holding it on is just like poison. Once we let it go, we may finally be at peace.

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hi Pingpong, I’m sorry to hear about your ex’s new “relationship”. Like you said there isn’t really anything you can do about it. My ex had probably been in a new relationship for about 2 months now, I’m not sure also. We weren’t together for 7 years or 5 years. Our 1 year is actually coming up on October 5th so I’m hoping he realizes the date.

Just like you are doing Pingpong, I was thinking of getting out of my comfort zone and getting my nose pierced. I’ve been thinking about it for a while I just don’t know if I have the guts to do it lol. I had surgery recently and now I’m in a walking boot so I’m sure it surprised my ex, but he probably knows what happened now.

It’s just good for us to do things for ourselves and steeping out of our comfort zones trying new things.

sorchaL46
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 16

Hey guys,
    I think it’s a great idea to get something new done like the piercing or tattoo. I have got my tongue pierced since the break up. I had it when me and my ex first got together. But a year in I took it out. He didn’t like it and I just thought yeah it’s not really me anymore (probably another sign of me loosing myself in the relationship) so I got it done again. Just to symbolise individuality and strength.

Pingpong, I am sorry to hear about your ex, that is a horrible situation to come across. You guys were together for such a long time, that pretty much everything will remind her of you. So fingers crossed that she won’t be able to stop thinking like : ( well “pingpong” laughed at that or “pingpong” did this).
    If your aim is to still get her back, make sure you heel a first and then you have to try and just stay present in her life I think).

I still haven’t heard anything after 7 weeks NC. It’s kind of heart breaking he doesn’t want to know how I am. And he can just want me out of his life. I have no idea what goes through people brains πŸ™ wish I knew

Pingpong
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 51

Thanks sorcha, I hope I do stick out like a sore thumb in her mind lol as I am sure as she is seeing this new guy she is comparing us in every way. But I have decide to do NC for a month and leave her alone and will send a letter to her a month from now and go from there.

I am sure you ex will come around to contacting you. Some men are very stubborn as I am sure he’s having a hard to getting you off his mind but he’s doing it in every way he can. Don’t give up yet.

sorchaL46
    Participant

Yeah I’m sure you will! How could you not! Haha.
    Today is a hard day for me. A year ago I had to go through a sexual assault situation, which was the start of my year going very down hill. He was there to support me through it all. Although it caused me to be depressed and paranoid etc.although he was amazing, a lot of the time it was “yeah well it affects me as well Sorcha…” And sometimes got quite selfish about it.
    I doubt i will hear from him which just makes me so angry, and upset. Almost like it won’t affect him any more, he’s left that behind. And he probably won’t care how I’m feeling.
    I just want the caring person back. And if I can’t is like an explanation as to why he isn’t that person anymore.

Sorry this is probably to much information for this forum but I don’t know where else to vent πŸ™

FishingTheSky
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 176

Hey sorchaL46,
    I am sorry to hear you had such a terrible ordeal. My first ex almost had a similar threatening situation but fortunately it was stopped before it ended badly; I didn’t know her at the time yet. But I remember that in the first year we were together, which was the next year she had that episode, she was struggling with anything regarding intimacy and trust.
    I know it’s easier said than done, but you should let go of all this anger and negative feelings you are bottling up inside. My ex hasn’t even answered my goodbye letter but I am fine with it, I am not resentful because I am grateful for the love I’ve had from her, and without love, even if not reciprocated, I wouldn’t feel this hopeful about life in general.
    So don’t be upset if he won’t come back to you, keep the relationship you’ve with him as a precious experience, learn from it. I don’t believe he doesn’t care about you anymore, he does but in a different way, he’s simply made his choice and you have to respect it.
    Be strong and I send you a warm hug!

catherine8
    Participant

Hi everyone, so I got some good news today. A friend told me that my ex and his girlfriend may not be together anymore. We don’t know for sure but it sounds like it. I know he may not come back to me but I just feel so happy right now lol.

sorchaL46
    Participant

WOOOOOOO!!!!
    Yes catherine!!!

You know what that means? She was a complete rebound! And it failed!

YAY!!!

This means that he might have been comparing you to her the whole time and you lasted so much longer with him!

Beware though if he does come back to you (which is likely!) make him work harrrdddd for it!
    Super happy for you girl!

catherine8
    Participant

I’m hoping she was just a rebound. The only reason why we think they aren’t together anymore is because my friend said he posted something weird on his story and on Instagram he changed the caption of the picture of them two with flowers. He changed it to “I should’ve bought the cheap flowers instead.” which is kind of immature of him to do, I guess it all depends on what she did to him.

I don’t follow him on anything and he is private so I won’t see it. I checked if I was still blocked on Facebook and I am. But I made my accounts public so if he ever gets curious he could see my stuff.

I’m really hoping she was just a rebound and he does happen to come back, but I’m not going to assume things. I don’t want to get upset in the end if it doesn’t end up like how I want it to.

sorchaL46
    Participant

Yeah exactly! Got to keep expectations level.

I am going to send a first contact text message tonight! I’m super nervous, but also really excited just to hear from him. (Which I hope I do!) fingers crossed! Xx

catherine8
    Participant

Are you expecting him to reply back? Good luck!

sorchaL46
    Participant

Yeah I think so.
    He Defo would have if he was the person I knew, but he has also proven himself not to be that person anymore so who knows. I send it about 45 mins ago, and he has seen it but hasn’t replied πŸ™ I’m super nervous

catherine8
    Participant

Did you get any reply back yet?

My friend followed my ex on Instagram because she was curious to see if he would block her like he has done to my other friends (we aren’t blocked anymore on Instagram). And surprisingly it has been 15 minutes and he hasn’t blocked her. I’m sure he has seen it so that’s a good sign I guess.

sorchaL46
    Participant

Nope no reply. He hasn’t been on whatsapp, and I think I might have jumped to the conclusion that he had seen it because it was on Facebook so I assumed it was on his phone . But it might have been on his laptop. He will be asleep now.
    If he chooses not to reply it will really annoy me. It’s been 2 months practically, and I don’t get why people can’t just be civil if anything!

Well that’s a good sign! Had he got any new updates on fb insta.. Etc? Xx

catherine8
    Participant

I know how you feel, it will be 4 months next week and I haven’t gotten anything but eye contact with my ex. But I finally looked at his account and he has me blocked. He usually never had me blocked because his Instagram was just private so I couldn’t see anything anyways. But my friend said his page was public this time so I’m guessing that’s why I’m blocked again. His profile picture is still of him and the other girl, we don’t understand why.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.