Boards No Contact Rule 17 days NC

To post a reply login or register

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    lin91
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 120

I’m 24 and he’s 28.
    It sounds like you have more chance to be honest, because he knows that he wants space and why he wants it. Mine on the other hand seemed confused and all he knew was he wanted space from me. He stopped talking to me and then we broke up and haven’t spoken since. It’s frustrating knowing that you can fix something but knowing the other person may well have given up :/ Oh well. I suppose I’m hanging onto the fact that the space will be good for us both and we may end up together when we’re in better places.

Yes you could do that. To be honest I think the best thing to say would be: “I’m going to change our relationship status on facebook because it’s giving me mixed messages still being there. Hope that’s okay.”

Because phrasing it that way means you are in control. If you ask him if he wants to chat about it, then you’re putting the ball in his court and he has the control.

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Oooh yeh that’s a good idea, I guess there’s so many things I want to say to him I just really want that opportunity to talk to him πŸ™

Ahh no I don’t know-mine has broken up with me because of this before, and this time he said he needs longer than 3 months not speaking to me :'(

So I don’t think I have that high of a
    Chance! But we never know, it’s nice to speak to someone going through the same thing x

lin91
    Participant

That’s the most awful part, knowing what you want to say but they won’t listen! So annoying. I guess time is just what they need, and we should respect that if they’re worth the wait.

catherine8
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 132

Hey, I totally understand how you’re both feeling. It’s really hard when you want to talk to them but you know they won’t listen. My ex hasn’t tried contacting me since my break up, he even blocked me on social media. I think I’m still blocked I’m not sure. I try to avoid checking it cause it really hurts knowing he doesn’t want me to see anything he is doing.

My boyfriend and I are just seniors in high school so, yes there is many more guys that could come into my life in the future. But my ex was my best friend and I really miss him. Even with school coming up again its going to suck. I kind of hope we end up getting a class together so he has to see me.

We always saw so many relationships that started in high school work out with other couples, and we always wanted that to be us. It just sucks knowing that he doesn’t want anything to do with me anymore.

lin91
    Participant

Ahh so you’re actually going to have to see him at school whatever happens? When do you go back?

I feel like if we’d been with guys that we knew were bad from the get-go, then things would be easier. If I had been with someone that I knew would screw me over eventually I would be able to get over it because I would have seen it coming.

But it sounds like your situation is like mine, where I literally thought he would never hurt me. We argued, sure. But we always got through it and made up and promised to listen to each other more. But now he’s torn himself away from me, and along with it all the things he ever said about how much I meant to him, what our future was, and how he’d never give up on me. Kind of a kick in the face. And pretty cruel actually.

catherine8
    Participant

I start school in the middle of August, but my school has a lot of people in each grade so we could have a chance of not having a class together. We are both taking 4 of the same classes but there is a good chance of us not getting put in the same class. Last year we had 2 classes together and we both shared a close friend and she got us together.

Now she isn’t a close friend of mine due to the usual high school drama but he stopped being friends with her when I did. But now they are friends again I guess. I really think if she was still my friend she could’ve easily said something to him and he could have realized how dumb he is being but that’s just how life is.

catherine8
    Participant

Hi girls, so today is 46 days since my break up and I just saw my ex’s face on a friends snapchat as they’re at a party. Seeing his face just hurt me so bad. Every time I see his face somewhere I just feel like I’m never going to have him again. I feel like I just went back to how I did 5 weeks ago.

I don’t know if tonight is just one of those nights where you just feel alone but it just really sucks. I hate this feeling.

Kiya92
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 50

Honestly honey its normal i felt the same way..i felt like someone stabbed me when i seen mines on fb…but it will get better..if you ever feel alone write me as much as you want and I will answer..its going to be hare but then you know your still not ready..i want you to go out and have fun..i know you was honest with the guy rrom the double date but maybe you shoild habg out with others just to get your mind off of it sometimes..he shouldn’t have so much control over YOUR heart its up to you to get better

catherine8
    Participant

Thank you. But yes I know he had a lot of control of my heart. I shouldn’t have let myself do this but I relied on him so much for my happiness. I lost a very good friend before I met him and when we got together I became so happy. I need up losing another close friend and he was the only friend I had left.

Now I only have 2 friends, so I don’t really get invited out anywhere much. We will make plans ad hang out but I have been to a party once this whole entire summer and it is killing me.

So every time I see him having fun it just hurts because I’m just some girl no one cares to talk to. But I’m really trying to feel better. Its like right as everything is going so good, everything starts to get bad again.

Kiya92
    Participant

Do other things entertain you besides parties?.?if you dont mind me asking are you in school or something?

But anyways i understand your pain because i literally talk to maybe one person and she is my co worker i just graduated college so all of my old friends live somewhere else we dont even talk..but anyways we have to find a way to get your mind off of worrying about him..i hate to say it like this but only you can make your self feel better or worse. Make your own fun..literally since i dont have friends. I go to the gym whenever i start feeling bad ..show him that you can live without him

catherine8
    Participant

I’m a senior in high school but school is going to start up in a month so I won’t have that keeping me busy. I quit my old job 3 months ago so I’m trying to find a new job right now. But about 2 and a half months ago I had surgery on my foot so I’m not able to go to the gym.

I only really liked going to parties to socialize with other people. I used to be in a sport but I couldn’t do it anymore because of my surgery. I used to be so athletic so this summer is so different for me.

Kiya92
    Participant

Is it possible for you to make more friends in school that might occupy your mind away from him ..

catherine8
    Participant

Yeah I’m looking to make some new friends at school. I just have to wait for that month to go by lol

amy111
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 425

Hi girls,

sorry about the late reply, have been trying to keep myself super busy….

I can completely understand how you both feel about seeing your ex’s face! His sister sent me a snap chat of them both on holiday yesterday and it made my stomach churn, he looked so happy and content :'( was quite nasty of her to send it I thought πŸ™

Catherine8, maybe try something like yoga if you have an injury? Will keep you toned and make you flexible? I’m going to take up yoga too πŸ™‚

I think Im in denial at the moment, mainly because it still says that I’m in a relationship with him on Facebook, and he hasn’t taken it off either….and I know when it does happen, its going to hurt so bad πŸ™ Im still debating whether to contact him as its been almost 10 days…. πŸ™

catherine8
    Participant

Amy111, I need up taking some friends off of my social media so I couldn’t see his face and get that feeling again. I know its kind of bad to do that cause now those people can’t see something and tell him if that ever happens. But I think you should be the one to change the relationship status on there. It will show him you have control over this and it will also be better for you. If he does it first then your feelings will be hurt. So if you do it then you will be less hurt if that makes any sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.